Calgary Granite & Quartz Countertops
We are Rocky Mountain Granite & Quartz. Artisans of Calgary’s most professional and reliable granite & quartz countertops and custom projects.
We have great relationships with numerous suppliers boasting the best prices in town! As a result, we promise affordable granite & quartz countertops you’ll absolutely love!
For full information about our inventory and selection, please contact us through phone or email on our “Contact Us” page.
We have a full one year guarantee on all of our projects, which means that if your countertop has any underlying deficiencies, or develops cracks, and other damages, we will commit to a full repair at no extra cost.
What Kind of Stone is Right For You?
It can be difficult to determine what kind of stone will suit you and your project. Below we describe the pros and cons of the three most common material selections.
To view all of our products, feel free to browse our suppliers’ online inventories in our site menu under “suppliers”.
– Granite is a raw natural material, and is applied to countertops after being cut and polished.
– Granite may be for you if you prefer pure, and unaltered material.
– Raw materials like Granite are considered environmentally friendly, since it requires less manufacturing than Quartz.
– Since Granite is 100% natural, that also means that it is a porous material.
– In order to maintain your Countertop, it will require annual sealing.
– Porous Countertops are more easily stained, scratched, and prone to cracks.
– Quartz is an engineered stone, which means that it goes through a manufacturing process to become what it is.
– Quartz is nearly indestructible, and is partly created with heat-resistant resin, which means that it is foundationally sealed, and does not require as much maintenance as natural stone.
-Engineered stone has more consistent color.
– Quartz is prone to slight discoloring if it is exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods at a time.
– Although Quartz is heat resistant, natural materials can withstand much higher temperatures.
– Marble adds a beautiful, and exotic addition to your home. Although certain designer Marbles can be very expensive,
– there are certain marbles that are surprisingly affordable, even more so than standard Granite.
– Marble is the softest of the 3 types of stone listed, and requires the most maintenance.
– You will have to be extra careful around it. Even something as simple as a belt buckle could put in a deep scratch.
– Marble is not recommended for Kitchens, or other busy areas.
Kyle McAdamCan’t say enough good things about my experience with Rocky Mountain Granite. They located a gorgeous piece of quartz for my basement bar project, and the price was exceptional compared to some of the other quotes I received for similar product. Installation was within a few days and it looks fantastic.
Liz GauthierThe quartz vanity tops are amazing. I originally had large vessel sinks that pretty much took up the whole counter space. I picked out new under mount sinks but was unsure of what size I should get. They gave solid advice as to the size I should go with. I was originally going to go with Lowe’s but the measurements were not standard “ out of the box” size. I had 3 vanities done, one being quite large and money wise and time wise came out ahead using Rockymountain. I love the quartz and superior workmanship so much, I am going to eventually get my kitchen counters done.
Gage KeddieAmazing service! Super glad I went with these guys. great people and super high quality work, ten out of ten would recommend to anybody looking for this kind of work